21.6.08

Being that today is Go Skateboarding Day, I thought it would be appropriate to toss these flicks from my Myspace account up. Taken around 90-93 when I lived in San Diego. I quit when I moved to Virginia Beach mostly cause I had no car, mass transit sucked, and the spots around my neighborhood were lame.


The launch ramp is pretty weak, but I like this picture mostly cause my Grandpa (in the background) liked watching me do tricks in the streets. Around this time, Im probably skating an H-Street deck (Hensley.) Back then the kids I skated with started a crew called N.S.P. aka Notorious Skate Posse, bka No Suckaz Participatin'! When we weren't skating we were probably writing on the walls at Ralph's grocery stores. Most skaters in my neighborhood also wrote graffiti, for that most of the gangs didn't like us too much.



This shot was taken in Downtown San Diego. Me and my cousin Frankie (the one in the Rugby) would hop on the MTS (Mass Transit System or Meneace To Society) from SE Diego, and skate wherever we felt like going. More often than not we would run into the Donger, Sal Barbier, or Sean Sheffey, and immediately feel intimidated and just sit on our boards and watch. haha.



Another shot taken in downtown San Diego. Notice the size 38 pants, Pro Models, and the sliver of urethane covering my bearings. It took forever getting around on those small ass wheels.

No comments: